2018 Diocesan Fiscal Management Conference
September 16-19, 2018
Catholic Extension is once again offering scholarships for your diocesan CFO or Financial Manager to attend the 2018 Diocesan Fiscal Management Conference (DFMC), scheduled for September 16-19 in Phoenix. Catholic Extension will also once again be hosting a special luncheon for Mission Diocese attendees on Sunday at the beginning of the conference, and RSVP information for the luncheon will be sent in an upcoming issue of the Catholic Extension Bulletin.
Catholic Extension will accept full or partial scholarship applications for your diocesan CFO or Financial Manager, a maximum of one scholarship per diocese, and only in cases where a diocese would otherwise not have any other representative at the conference. Catholic Extension cannot support a scholarship for someone who would be a second, third, or other additional attendee from a diocese. Full scholarships include airfare, hotel and conference registration fees. Partial scholarships include conference registration and/or hotel. Dioceses that are able to support some of the costs are asked to request only a partial scholarship, in order to enable more funding to be available for requests from other dioceses. Meals and any other costs associated with attending this event are the responsibility of the diocese and not covered by Catholic Extension.
Scholarship Applications must be completed and received by no later than Monday, July 9 to receive funding.
Steps for scholarship applicants:
1) Confirm that you are the only attendee from your diocese for the 2018 DFMC, and that you will need Catholic Extension's scholarship assistance to be able to attend
2) Register for the 2018 DFMC online by clicking here by Monday, July 9, in order to receive the discounted early registration price. Your scholarship application (later in step 5) does not automatically register you for the conference; this must be done separately with DFMC.
3) Book your hotel arrangements for the conference at the Sheraton Grand Phoenix Hotel by clicking here.
4) Book your flight to the conference. Catholic Extension requests that air travel is purchased at the most cost-effective option available and does not reimburse for additional baggage fees, upgrades, or additional family member's travel. Please plan to arrive in time to attend the Catholic Extension luncheon on Sunday morning.
5) Download the Catholic Extension DFMC Scholarship Calculation Form and fill in the information in the three highlighted yellow boxes, and save the updated file on your computer.
6) Fill out the online scholarship application form from Catholic Extension by clicking here. Please be sure to include and attach the completed DFMC scholarship calculation form (from step 4 above), as well as copies of your hotel and travel receipts. The calculation form and receipts must be attached to your application (on the final page) to recieve a scholarship. Catholic Extension will only provide reimbursement on confirmed and receipted costs, and not any estimates. You must also include a letter of endorsement from your Bishop.
Please remember that all scholarship applications must be completed and received by no later than July 9 in order to take advantage of the early registration rate from DFMC and sponsorship from Catholic Extension. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there!