Francis Cardinal George OMI STL Scholarship
The purpose of this initiative is to provide advanced education to seminarians so they can serve as theological resources, teachers and trainers in their home diocese after ordination.
Catholic Extension has partnered with Mundelein Seminary to offer scholarships to seminarians who intend to complete a Sacred Theology Licentiate (S.T.L.) at the conclusion of their seminary formation. The scholarship covers 100 percent of tuition, room and board for the four years of the student’s seminary education, as well as his fifth academic year, during which the newly ordained student completes his S.T.L. degree.
Students will be able to pursue their S.T.L. in one of these areas of concentration: Liturgy and Sacramental Theology, Christology, Doctrine of God, Theological Anthropology, and Theological Method.
Candidates for this program are men entering first-year theology who are academically capable of completing the S.T.L.
Duration: 5 years
Value to Participating Dioceses: $220,000 (Estimated, per seminarian)
- Instructions to Apply
- Francis Cardinal George STL Initiative Overview
- Partnership Agreement Form for the Francis Cardinal George STL Scholarship
- Scholarship Attestation Form
To Apply for a Francis Cardinal George OMI STL Scholarship
- Read and review the Scholarship Information and Instructions to Apply documents linked above.
- Email a Letter of Interest from your Bishop to Grace Leon by no later than Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
For More Information
Contact Grace Leon, Mission Coorindator, at 312.795.5127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.