Engaging Young Catholics
To support ministries to children, teens, and young adults, and families that provide faith formation.
The vibrancy and viability of a Catholic community largely depends on its ability to share the faith with the next generation. “Engaging Young Catholics” helps dioceses and parishes provide for the pastoral and faith formation needs of young Catholics. Additionally, Catholic Extension supports initiatives that serve to develop new leaders in the church among young Catholics.
Qualifying Funding Areas
Catholic Extension will consider funding the following types of Catholic youth and young adult ministry programs. This will be done through operational support, salary subsidies or seed money that creates, sustains or expands ministries serving young Catholics on a parish, regional, or diocesan level.
- University/College campus ministry
- Catholic youth ministry
- Religious education for children and families.
- Young Adult ministry/programs
Funding Request Document Requirements
- Begin a New Online Funding Request
- Letter of endorsement from the diocesan bishop (one letter is sufficient for simultaneously submitted requests, but a copy of that letter should be attached to each request)
- Financial statements of the program, department, or entity seeking funding
- Budget for year of the funding with full breakdown of project expenses and revenue
- List of the qualifications of the minister seeking funding, if applicable
- Product information or program brochure describing scope of services, if applicable
To access a draft version of the Engaging Young Catholics grant application form, please click here. Please note that this cannot be submitted in place of the online funding request. This document is only meant to serve as a guide for the information needed, but the official funding request must still be submitted online using the link provided above in order to be considered for funding.