Catholic Extension is a national fundraising organization committed to supporting and strengthening poor mission dioceses across the U.S. We provide funding and resources to dioceses and parishes through programs and services investing in people, infrastructure and ministries. This support is given based on need, passion and commitment to the growth of the Catholic faith. Since 1905, Catholic Extension has distributed over $500 million to communities across America.
Types of Funding
- Building Foundation Funds the operation of ministries that extend a basic church presence to the most under-resourced communities.
- Building Leaders Funds the education/training of lay and ordained leaders.
- Building Churches and Other Facilities Funds the construction and renovation of churches and other critical church facilities.
- Engaging Young Catholics Supports ministries that provide faith formation for children, teens, and young adults and families.
- Building Capacity Funds initiatives that help the church increase its fundraising capabilities, manage its financial resources, and operate more efficiently. Includes support for Catholic Schools.
- Enhancing Pastoral and Social Ministry Funds a variety of pastoral and social outreach efforts of the church.
Catholic Extension's STRATEGIC INITIATIVES allow us to multiply the impact of our donors' gifts while providing the opportunity for dioceses to access top-level programs that would otherwise be outside of their financial capacity.
Make a Request for Funding
For information on how to make a request for funding, please click here.