In addition to our six types of funding opportunities, Catholic Extension works with partner organizations to proactively support Catholic communities in Extension dioceses. These Catholic organizations and Catholic universities offer Extension dioceses programs and resources that would otherwise be unattainable due to cost and/or geographic location.
Catholic Extension's Strategic Initiatives allow us to multiply the impact of our donors' gifts while providing the opportunity for dioceses to access top-level programs that would otherwise be outside of their financial capacity.
Click on the links below for individual program and contact information.
Advancing Church Leaders
Funding positions or providing education to increase the skills and impact of church leadership in the United States.
- Graduate Ministry Scholarships
- Hispanic Lay Formation Program
- Hispanic Lay Leadership Initiative
- US-Latin American Sisters Exchange Program
- Pastoral Ministry Certificates
- Restorative Justice Ministry Certification
- Health Education for Pastoral Workers (inactive)
- Salary Subsidies for Health Ministers (inactive)
- Vocations Directors Training (inactive)
- Biblical Studies Certification (inactive)
- Parish Faith Renewal (inactive)
Supporting Youth and Catholic Education
Providing resources to increase the skills and impact of Catholic young adult leaders in the United States.
- After School Initiative
- Catholic School Leadership Initiative
- Catholic School Sustainability Initiative
- Encuentro y Misión
- Latino Enrollment Initiative
- Young Adult Leadership Initiative
- Drug, Violence, and Gang Ministry (inactive)
- Science and Religion Initiative (inactive)
- Volunteer Service Initiative (inactive)
- Campus Ministry Leadership (inactive)
Fostering Long-Term Growth
Fostering sustainability for Catholic institutions in the United States.
- Catholic Gift Annuities
- Facilities Management Training
- Mission Diocese Fund, LLC
- Online Fundraising Assistance
- Prospect Research Training
- Seminarian Endowment Challenge
- Cemetery Management Initiative (inactive)
- Diocesan Appeals Enhancement (inactive)