Parish health and Pastoral Care certificate
For Chicago Parish Workers
Congratulations! Your application has been accepted and we are very happy to offer you the opportunity to participate in the Parish Health and Pastoral Care Certificate Program through the Institute of Pastoral Studies at Loyola University Chicago. This program will be held at the LUREC (Loyola University Retreat and Ecology Campus) in Woodstock, Illinois- about 50 miles north west of Chicago. This site should provide you with the important information needed to prepare for this program.
Please click here fill out an online survey form to provide Loyola University Chicago with information for your participation in the certificate program.
- There is a $225 refundable registration check that must be sent in the mail to Catholic Extension by no later than August 31. Upon completion of the courses, you will receive the $225 reimbursed in full. If you chose not to attend, this check will be retained so as to cover the fees associated with holding your spot.
Please make the check out to Catholic Extension and send to:
267 North Beacon Street Suite 5
Brighton, MA 02135
c/o Erika Cedrone
Travel to and from the conference is the responsibility of the participant. There is free parking available on site at the LUREC campus.
LUREC Campus Address:
2710 S Country Club Road, Woodstock, IL 60098
ARRIVAL: Sunday, October 22nd
- Please arrive to campus before 4pm. If you are driving to the retreat center, please take Chicago area traffic into consideration to make sure you will arrive on time.
- Be sure to eat lunch before arriving at LUREC on Sunday, October 22nd. There will be a cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres at 5:30 and dinner at 6:30, but lunch will not be available if you arrive earlier.
DEPARTURE: Friday, October 27th
- Mass concludes at 10:30am. Please plan your departure time for after 11:00 am.
Information on your stay at LUREC can be accessed using the links below. If you have any additional questions regarding your accommodations, please contact Mirta Garcia at 312-915-7466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LUREC website and general information
- LUREC campus overview document
- Facilities and Housing Information (all participants will be staying in hotel style rooms with single accomodations)
- Dining Services (all meals are included)
- There are no vending machines on site at LUREC, nor are there stores nearby. Please bring whatever toiletries or other special provisions that you will need for the week.
Click here to download:
- COURSE OVERVIEW (please note that these courses may change)
- CASE STUDY OVERVIEW/FORMAT - DUE OCT 2, 2017
- Each participant will be required to prepare and submit a case study prior to their arrival in Chicago. The case study should address a challenge the participant faces in the course of their normal work responsibilities. Every participant will have the opportunity to present their case for discussion in the small group case study session each afternoon.
- The object of the case study is a proactive analysis of a real life situation, so the participant is better able to react to the situation in the future,
- Please email your case study to Mirta Garcia, email@example.com.
- Since your case study may contain sensitive material, our staff will treat it accordingly. You should do the same. Please do not leave copies of your case study in places where supervisors or coworkers might see them.
For any questions regarding the funding of this initiative, please contact Erika Cedrone, Senior Director of Mission at Catholic Extension, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 817-2907. For questions regarding housing, Loyola registration or the case study, be sure to email Mirta Garcia email@example.com