Recognizing that the COVID-19 pandemic is causing immense suffering among the poor and marginalized in our society, Catholic Extension is working with a consortium of funders and organizations to help provide a concrete response.
“Sisters on the Frontlines” is a new program that will provide $1,000 grants to Catholic sisters, with the expectation that this monetary assistance will be quickly and strategically distributed to the people and families they serve, who are experiencing distress due to COVID-19.
The Steps are Easy:
- Fill out the request form linked below to provide names and contact information for all sisters seeking the $1,000 grant.
- Catholic Extension will notify you of our intent to distribute funds & finalize payment details.
- Sisters then spend the money on communities in need, due to COVID-19.
- Sisters will be encouraged to prioritize the needs of people who are homeless, undocumented, and financially distressed women and children.
- Sisters have discretion on how to use the funds as they fit: rent payments, groceries, medical treatment, a special program or even funeral expenses.
- Within 30 days, Sisters provide feedback on the use of these funds by:
- Submitting a 1-2 minute video filmed on their handheld devices, or
- Submitting a photo and/or short written report
- Catholic Extension will email you instructions how to submit your video or report
- In your video or reflection please report not only on what you did, but how this project impacted you personally as a religious sister