Catholic Extension to Provide New Funding Through Seminarian Endowment Challenge
May 23, 2012
- To help mission dioceses build a stronger foundation for the increased costs of these additional vocations to the priesthood, Catholic Extension has introduced the Seminarian Endowment Challenge and has announced 13 participating dioceses
- Through this challenge, Catholic Extension will provide matching funds of up to $50,000 for any new dollars raised by each diocese for seminarian education endowment funds
- Over the past 10 years, mission dioceses have actually seen an increase in seminarian enrollment by approximately 10 percent, indicating that there is an increased need for funding for seminarian education
- Seminarian education today costs an average of $30,000 per year; educating a single seminarian for his vocation to the priesthood costs upwards of $100,000
- For the full press release, please click here
Members of the media may post the images/videos from this release to a news article, website or blog.