The purpose of this initiative is to provide Catholic Schools in mission dioceses with training and resources to attract and serve Latino students more effectively.
Catholic Extension has partnered with the University of Notre Dame Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) to offer the Latino Enrollment Initiative training to school administrators in your diocese. This agreement covers 90 percent of the cost to participate in the Institute, including up to $400 of the associated travel expenses.
The Latino Enrollment Initiative is designed for schools that have identified their unmet capacity for enrolling new Latino students. The program consists of a summer workshop at Notre Dame for two school administrators: the Catholic School principal and one of their faculty members. Schools can also include the school pastor as a third participant. Participants will also benefit from coaching and support from ACE staff throughout the year. The ACE program also will convene a mid-year educational workshop for participating principals. After completing the institute, ACE staff members will assess the responsiveness at each school and annually monitor enrollment figures.
Participants will learn effective practices and strategies for recruitment and retention of Latino students, become aware of the cultural nuances of working with this community, and understand the common barriers that Latino students face with Catholic schools.
After completing the program, participating schools will be in a position to enroll a markedly higher percentage of Latino students compared to the period before the program began.
Duration: 4 day program, followed by a year of mentorship and support
Value to Participating Diocese: $5,700 (per school)
- Read and review the Program Guidelines, linked above
- Complete the Online Application Form, due by a deadline of Friday, December 11.
- Notre Dame may require a phone interview with principals to determine final program acceptance.
Latino Enrollment Initiative Past Participant Feedback:
- “Thank you for such an impactful week. What a gift you have given us through the LEI program. Our team from Roanoke Catholic looks forward to working with you, and our mentor principal, in an effort to grow our Latino student enrollment in our schools and churches. We hope in the coming months and years to become one of your many success stories that might be shared with other schools across the U.S.”
- “I am truly thanking God for my experience at the LEI. We have changed in spirit and in our thinking coming away from our experience at Notre Dame. We are blessed to have had this opportunity and will use the information gained to better serve our greater Catholic community.”
For More Information
Contact Erika Cedrone, Director of Mission, at 857.209.5155 or email@example.com.