The purpose of this initiative is to provide advanced education to seminarians so they can serve as theological resources, teachers and trainers in their home diocese after ordination.
Catholic Extension has partnered with Mundelein Seminary to offer scholarships to seminarians who intend to complete a Sacred Theology Licentiate (S.T.L.) at the conclusion of their seminary formation. The scholarship covers 100 percent of tuition, room and board for the four years of the student's seminary education, as well as his fifth academic year, during which the newly ordained student completes his S.T.L. degree.
Students will be able to pursue their S.T.L. in one of these areas of concentration: Liturgy and Sacramental Theology, Christology, Doctrine of God, Theological Anthropology, and Theological Method.
Candidates for this program are men entering first-year theology who are academically capable of completing the S.T.L.
Duration: 5 years
Value to Participating Dioceses: $170,000 (per seminarian)
- Francis Cardinal George OMI STL Scholarship Guidelines
- Instructions to Apply
- Scholarship Attestation Form
- Partnership Agreement Document
To Apply for a Francis Cardinal George OMI STL Scholarship
- Read and review the initiative guidelines and documents linked above.
- Submit a Letter of Interest from your Diocesan Bishop by Friday, April 17, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This letter should include the number of scholarships your diocese is requesting for fall 2015, and the name and contact information of your diocesan Vocations Director. If your seminarian candidate(s) have been identified, please include their name and an attestation to their ability to pursue the S.T.L.
For More Information
Contact Terry Witherell, Senior Director of Mission, at 508.668.1786 or email@example.com.