What is Catholic Extension?
Catholic Extension is a national fundraising organization committed to supporting and strengthening poor mission dioceses across the U.S. We provide funding and resources to dioceses and parishes through programs and services investing in people, infrastructure and ministries. This support is given based on need, passion and commitment to the growth of the Catholic faith. Since 1905, Catholic Extension has distributed over $500 million to communities across America.
Who is eligible to receive support from Catholic Extension?
Catholic Extension provides funding directly to poor mission dioceses that are approved by Catholic Extension's Board of Governors. Funding is not available to individuals or organizations that do not work in these specified mission dioceses.
For a list of approved mission dioceses, please click here.
Who do I contact about making a funding request?
If your diocese is an approved mission diocese and would like to make a request for funding, please notify your designated diocesan contact person. It is important to discuss your funding needs before making a formal funding request.
To find your diocesan representative for a Catholic Extension funding request or for general questions regarding funding eligibility, funding opportunities, or procedures, please consult our FAQ page. Or, contact Catholic Extension directly at email@example.com, 800.842.7804.
What types of funding does Catholic Extension offer?
Catholic Extension accepts incoming funding requests to support mission dioceses in the following ways:
Types of Funding
- Building Foundation Funds the operation of ministries that extend a basic church presence to the most under-resourced communities.
- Building Leaders Funds the education/training of lay and ordained leaders.
- Building Churches and other Facilities Funds the construction and renovation of churches and other critical church facilities.
- Engaging Young Catholics Supports ministries that provide faith formation for children, teens, and young adults and families.
- Building Capacity Funds initiatives that help the church increase its fundraising capabilities, manage its financial resources, and operate more efficiently. Includes support for Catholic Schools.
- Enhancing Pastoral and Social Ministry Funds a variety of pastoral and social outreach efforts of the church.
Catholic Extension's STRATEGIC INITIATIVES allow us to multiply the impact of our donors' gifts while providing the opportunity for dioceses to access top-level programs that would otherwise be outside of their financial capacity.